View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:50 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Gantt chart (existing?) ActivityLinks - can they be visible? 

Post Gantt chart (existing?) ActivityLinks - can they be visible?
Hello,

i am overall very confused, because in the documentation it is said that gantt-type calendar is supported, but I really dont see how. Is there GanttBean ? I have read all discussions on forum related to Gantt, and what I see there is also contradictory. On few places you say you will make GanttBean, and then on another topic it is said that Gantt-like chart can be made with ActivityLinks and ActivityConstraints.

So, I would be very very happy to have final answers to these questions:

1. Is there a thing such as GanttBean or not? If yes, is there any chance to see some code sample, and demo to see how that looks?
2. Real Gantt chart, always has arrows which point to other activities. How can Gantt be Gantt without these arrows? I thaught at first ActivityLinks do that, but when I implemented it, I saw that it just enables to move and drag related activities, it does not have visible "link " component.

I would appreciate very much any help on this topic, because what I need at the moment is to show visually links between activity -> sub-activity, and also betweek activity -> related activity. So i need actually 2 different types of links (arrows), and at the moment i dont see the way to do that.

Thank you

Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:16 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Gantt chart (existing?) ActivityLinks - can they be visi
Hello,

Please use our support ticket system from our site www.migcalendar.com

Thanks,

Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:19 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Gantt chart (existing?) ActivityLinks - can they be visi
Hello,

thanx for the reply. Can you explain me what I did wrong, why is this not a question for forum?

Anyways, I already have used the ticket system, and this is reply I got:

"Hello,
If you want you can do Gantt charts with MiGCalendar. However, it it not what it´s optimized for and it is a bit cumbersome and not very well explained.
You can connect Activities with ActivityLink, which is basically it.
"

After this I connected Activities with ActivityLink, because I thaught its the "gantt type link". But it doesnt work (as i wrote in original post above). So i wanted to hear perspective of developers, if someone made some similar implementations or work-arounds.

Thank you

Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:45 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]