View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 01, 2017 1:24 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Activity Modification Recommendation 

Post Activity Modification Recommendation
This is hopefully a simple question. I have studied the API "a bit", but I'd like a second opinion before I start hacking up what I'd like to do.

Basically, I'd like to change the color of an Activity based on whether is has changed. Currently I have a hook for "activityMoved" where I'd like to do something (change color) to the visual so that the user knows it has changed.

What is the simpliest way to do this?

Thanks

Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:40 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Activity Modification Recommendation
Hello,

Yes, it's quite simple. When you detect a change, or in some way want to mark something on a specific activity, you set a property on it. Then, in the paint process you install an activity override, which on an activity by activity basis asks you if you have any changes to the specific instance. If the activity is changed, you do. There's a few examples of this is the iCal demo source code.

Here's an example:

Code:
ActivityInteractor.setStaticOverride(AShapeUtil.DEFAULT_BACKGROUND_SHAPE_NAME, AShape.A_PAINT, new OverrideFilter() {
public Object getOverride(Object subject, Object defaultObject)
{
if (isSelected(subject))
defaultObject = GfxUtil.alphaColor((Color) defaultObject, 235);

return isWholeDay(subject) || isInteracting(subject) || isSelected(subject) ? defaultObject : null;
}
});

Thanks,

Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:19 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2 posts ]