View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Does current Miglayout/JavaFX 2 do baseline alignment? 

Post Does current Miglayout/JavaFX 2 do baseline alignment?
I know that the Miglayout/Javafx 2 bridge is now part of Miglayout (since 4.2, I think), but haven't seen any info as to whether or not baseline alignment is now supported with using Miglayout with javafx 2 (at one point it wasn't).

Thanks for any info,
Ken

Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:58 pm

Post Re: Does current Miglayout/JavaFX 2 do baseline alignment?
kenmcd wrote:
I know that the Miglayout/Javafx 2 bridge is now part of Miglayout (since 4.2, I think), but haven't seen any info as to whether or not baseline alignment is now supported with using Miglayout with javafx 2 (at one point it wasn't).

Thanks for any info,
Ken

Hello Ken,

I'm afraid I have to say I did not include any baseline support so far. I have to first figure out how this is done in JavaFX.

Tom

Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:04 am

Hi Tom,

While I haven't verified the following, I believe that all baseline alignment in JavaFX 2 uses the getBaselineOffset method of the Parent class. Classes such as Label simply return the baseline offset of the text they contain, while layout classes such as HBox first use their children's baseline offsets to lay out the children, then calculate their own basline offset as (in the case of HBox) the max of the child baseline offsets.

Even classes such as VBox calculate a baseline offset for themselves; in the case of VBox, it seems to be the baseline offset of the first (topmost) child.

I hope this helps you as you continue development.

Thanks,
Ken

Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:20 am

It sure will. But right now time is the problematic factor. That, combined with too many side activities like writing controls to be included in JFX2.2.

Tom

Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]