View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 how HiDPISimulator is to understand 

Post how HiDPISimulator is to understand
Hello,

please excuse, if you think I ask silly questions (and maybe with fails in language).
I want to build a independent high resolution application. To fulfill this purpose I want to use Miglayout. I read, that I need substance and Miglayout. Futhermore I think, I need resizeable icons, like .svg icons (or don't I need, if I use substance?). Now I have first implement a gui without any L&F with .svg icons and if I resize the frame, it works (I build a componentListener, which resizes all components, if the frame is resized). If I set a L&F (substance) icons are not centered in the buttons.

I've donwloaded the HiDPI_ Simulator. And if I play with the application, I get no "correct" picture of the panel. I want to say: If I change the resolution, the mirrowPanel looks not like the "optimal" HiDPI result. So I don't understand (since I have no high resolution display to test), what I have to do, if I want to implement a resolution independent UI.

Furthermore I implement my UI this way: I instantiate (e.g.) a panel/button/ceckbox (how to resize a checkbox??? :( ) and set its prefferred, maximum and minimum size. Than I added it to the parent panel (with MigLayout which has no explicit constraints( MigLayout.("","",""), and set my needed thing directly, e.g. cell 0 0 etc.). Is this a correct use of MigLauout, to get independent UIs?

Thank in Advance

Claudia

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:03 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: how HiDPISimulator is to understand
Hello,

Here's an article I wrote a few years ago, maybe it will help on the way.

Cheers,
Mikael

Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]